The unprecedented situation has made us the housesitters who are just hopping and discovering the latest fashion trends in India of loungewear, casual wear, and street style. The new wave of fashion choices prompts us to choose the next generation fashion designers of India, bring their creativity to fashion platforms.
India is booming with different cultural practices and is home to fashion enthusiasts. The magnificent Indian culture inspires many Indian fashion designers to bring exclusivity to their artwork. Also, it has given the fashion industry some of the great fashion creators.
But among the top-rated fashion designers of India, the emerging talent remains undiscovered and untitled. Here are the five young Indian fashion designers who are remodeling the fashion styles and creating new fashion perspectives.
1. BLONI- A stand-alone fashion label by Akshat Bansal derives individuality and brings in exclusivity to fashion clothes. He completed his studies at NIFT, Mumbai, and Central Saint Martins in London that gave him a perspective for the fashion and textile industry. His initial workings at Savile Row and Tarun Tahiliani motivated him to start with his label, BLONI. His solo fashion line allowed him to manifest 'unconventional vision and tangential thought' to his collection. BLONI is an atelier experience that captures unique identities and projects them in fashionable style. According to Akshat, the heart of the brand lies in delivering comfortable fashion choices that expressive of one's identity. His debut collection is an amalgamation of white and black colors, picturizing the snow-clad mountains filled surrounded by misty clouds and storms. The monochromatic collection explores old techniques of tie and dye, crochets, and fabrics like chanderi combined with Italian crepes. The mesmerizing silhouettes feature light and dark combinations of kurta, jackets, dhotis, and pants.
Atelier Experience at- The Dhan Mill Compound 100 Foot Road, SSN Marg, Pocket D, Dr. Ambedkar Colony, Chhatarpur, New Delhi, Delhi 110074
Online Experience at www. bloni.in/
Instagram Page- @bloni.atelier
2. Atelier Shikaarbagh- Bringing out the balance between traditionality and modernity, Atelier Shikaarbagh by Maayankraj Singh explores a different and exceptional range of French Chiffon, satin, tissue, and georgette Sarees. The shikhara as fauna and bagh as flora discovers the nature amalgamated with Indian styles. It is a bespoke luxury clothing brand for sarees, nurturing the Rajasthani roots, established in 2012 in Delhi, and Kota(Rajasthan) specializes in Indo French Sarees and Ensembles. "My design sensibility is an amalgamation of Indo-French styles, as popularised by Madame Corosche in 1940s Mumbai," says founder Maayankraj Singh, mentioned in Lifestyle Asia. The brand focuses on charming chiffons balanced with schematic embroidery placements and embellishments. The saree soiree promises to deliver the finest of handcrafted designs.
Atelier Experience- Welcomes you through appointments only.
3. Khanijo- Another creative fashion label in the fashion industry, Khanijo by Gaurav Khanijo is an ethical luxury brand for menswear and womenswear, established in 2014, exhibiting the latest fashion trends in India. It balances the contemporary with the conventional while preserving the craft and honor of the native artisans. The brand uses indigenous handloom textiles and natural fibers for its collection.
4. p.e.l.l.a- The next-generation Bangalore-based fashion designer, Priyanka Ella Lorena Lama, is one of the upcoming talents in the fashion field and a winner of the Country Award at London Fashion Week. It is an artisanal label that focuses on slow fashion and brings you the best summer outfits for women. A NIFT, Bangalore graduate, she aims to the zero waste creative pattern in making her clothes. All the silhouettes are made with a single block of fabric, maintaining the potential of the fabric. The brand is true to its roots as it uses handwoven textiles like cashmere, silk, and nettle weaves, creating 100% handcrafted garments without the use of machines. Her latest collection, UTOPIA, inspired by the Japenese Wabi-Sabi school thought, promotes the idea-beauty is in imperfection.
ps: https://www.notjustalabel.com › pella
5. Saloni- An eponymous fashion label by Saloni Lodha, founded in 2011, visions femininity dubbed with vibrant colors. The brand explores the joy of living through colorful floral prints and embroidered flowers that gained global recognition from Cindy Crawford and Margherita Missoni. With the intuitive love for textiles and everyday dressing, she aims to create a playful collection that transitions from formal occasions to dinners at home and be your travel buddies. Also, the customized prints, textiles, and different shapes are crafted with love and care.
Instagram- @ saloniofficial
The five under the radar fashion designers are upping with their creative instincts in fashion. Check out the Instagram pages of the upcoming generation of designers that are brimming with some of the best fashion aesthetics and add them to your shopping list.