PIECES THAT NEVER GO OUT OF FASHION
The fashion industry is one of the most innovative industries in the world. Enthusiasts are always on the lookout for something cool and trendy. One year a piece might just be the talk of the town, and the next, you might not like it. It can be very challenging to find something worth investing in with the constant stream of new arrivals. There are however some styles that catch on quick, and they stay caught!
If you’re looking to invest in a wardrobe that’s impervious to the winds of change. Take a look at these timeless pieces that never go out of style:
- White tee and a white button-down: Every woman/man needs a good, plain white tee in their life. Of all the timeless trends, this one is the most simple. Due to its versatile nature, a plain white tee can be paired with literally everything. Whether layered under a lace top, tucked into a shirt or even with sweatpants at the gym. This indispensable piece of clothing is compatible with almost anything. At the same time, a white button-down or a white shirt also does the job, as per the occasion. Tip: Wear it with jeans, a good pair of trousers, a pencil fit skirt, this style is sure not to go anywhere!
- Blazer: Another extremely versatile garment. It’s considered a suitable piece for any situation, both formal and informal. If you’re planning to wear a neutral color, pair it with already available items in your closet. Be it with a blouse, a pair of jeans or an ankle-length skirt – the possibilities are endless! IKF Tip: Blazers look good on all body types. Find a tailored one that accentuates your waist.
- Little Black Dress (LBD): You can never own too much black! The LBD is a classic, timeless piece for a reason. It comes in many styles, from fitted to flowy, plain to embellished. IKF Tip: You can keep it towards a subtle side with minimal gold/silver accents or make it edgier with statement accessories.
- Trench Coat: Originally worn by British soldiers during World War 1 as a powerful weapon against raindrops, designed by Thomas Burberry, the trench has become a signature look of Burberry and a permanent resident of many celebrities’ closets like Victoria Beckham, Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Gigi Hadid and more. Other than its sleek and chic design, a good quality trench keeps you warm and protects you from the rain and wind, allowing ease of movement. These look good on pretty much everyone. IKF Tip: Trench coats are the perfect layering piece for a day spent outdoors.
- Aviator Sunglasses: Originally created in 1936 by Bausch & Lomb to help pilots protect their eyes and maintain their sight while flying, Aviators eventually became the signature model for Ray-Ban and the go-to shades for everyone! IKF Tip: Make sure to get the right size sunglasses for your face. A classic pair of aviators will go with a variety of looks.
- Leather, Fur, and Suede: Fabrics that come from animals are taboo these days but thanks to high-quality faux versions, you can still enjoy leather jackets, fur-trimmed hoods, and suede boots! IKF Tip: A lot of imitation suede are washable and look just as chic as the real thing, with the added cruelty-free benefit!
- A three-piece suit: These have been a part of fashion for a long, long time and they aren’t going anywhere! Given the sheer number of options in the market, from Armani to D&G, almost every designer recreates this timeless outfit in their own amazing way. And it’s the perfect elegant wear option for the most special of occasions, now worn by both men and women! IKF Tip: Match your tie and pocket square for a trendy touch.
- Sports Shoes: Earlier it was only restricted to gyms and running on tracks, but now sports shoes/running shoes have established themselves as powerhouses in the foot apparel industry. These can be paired with a couple of versatile options depending on the occasion, whether it’s a casual Wednesday or on a weekend trek with friends athleisure is a win! IKF Tip: Invest in a staple all-white pair that’s easy to clean, they can be paired with absolutely everything.
Trends change with the season, but these wardrobe items are what every man and woman would need! So, if you want to clutter, make sure you run through this list.