You must have read it in numerous beauty blogs, "treat your skin like a temple." We can not argue with this one. There is no denial in the fact that nurturing your body with the utmost care from the inside out is one of the most important steps of maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Keeping your body and skin healthy is the first step you take towards self-acceptance, self-love, and self-care. From the food and supplements, you intake to the personal care products you apply to your skin, everything matters. Both equally matters- the food items you store in the fridge and the products that reflect in your beauty cabinet. These two things effortlessly showcase your self-care habits, and how updated you are with latest beauty tips 2020. Specially, now that Diwali and Karwa Chauth 2020 is arriving, all of us are looking for Diwali looks and most effortless yet elegant Karwa Chauth looks.
If you have never thought about it, let us break this to you, just like your face, your feet, and hands, your body needs some serious pampering too. Your skin sheds dead cells that need to be cleared. Otherwise, they stay for too long on your skin and make it dry and patchy, clog the pores, and gives you that “not-so-smooth" feeling when you run your fingers all over it. So, today I Knock Fashion has done the heavy lifting and come up with in-depth information about body polishing. Body polishing can ace both your Diwali looks and Karwa Chauth looks. Continue reading to unearth details about the same.
Body polishing is a detailed skin treatment where you (or any professional) scrubs your body with cream that’s a bit coarse-grained. Usually, it contains salt, sugar, or any other grains, but the best part is, it is not as coarse-grained as a body scrub. When the massage and the cream work together, they effortlessly exfoliate and hydrate your skin. Apart from this, it also boosts blood circulation, which further leads to– soft, supple, and smooth skin.
To make it more clear- body polishing is a skin treatment in which products made out of natural substances are used to cleanse and moisturize your body. It won't be wrong to say that It’s one of the best ways to exfoliate your body's skin and make it glow. It is a type of full-body exfoliation that will remove dead skin cells, promotes cell regeneration, and moisturize the skin. You must have missed or ignored, but it is still on spa menus as a way to prepare skin for other treatments, like wraps. It involves a lot of relaxation, and the process takes around 40-45 minutes.
I Knock Fashion has done all the heavy-lifting, and it is safe to say that you can throw all your worries down the drain. As body polishing is safe for your skin, until unless you don't have uber-sensitive skin. It acts as a cleanser that smoothly removes all the dirt from the skin. It uses natural ingredients and essential oils, which are safe. Essential oils also have therapeutic benefits on your skin, body, and mind.
Body polishes and body scrubs are almost similar. Both exfoliate the skin to remove dead skin cells. But, the body polishing creams are not as coarse-grained as body scrubs. The body scrubs only cleanse the skin while body polishes remove dead skin cells and hydrate.
Following the body polishing, which is in the latest beauty tips 2020, will give you glowing skin and the below-mentioned benefits-
1. Removes dead cells
2. Healthy and attractive skin
3. Exfoliates your skin and gives a smooth feel
4. Gives you normal skin- neither dry nor oily
5. Hydrates skin
6. Cleanses skin
7. Makes you feel relaxing
8. Is therapeutic
9. Opens pores and allows your skin to breathe
10. Promotes cell regeneration to encourage healthy skin
1. Body Polishing Doesn't Include Your Face- Make sure your face is avoided, during body polishing treatment. Our facial skin is much more sensitive and thinner than our body skin. There is a reason that beauty blogs mention different creams and washes for the face and body. Instead of body polishing, there are several other facial treatments you can opt for.
2. Keep Minimum One Week Gap- You must have read this point in numerous beauty blogs, as it is a mandate- maintain a minimum of the one-week gap between any functions and your body polishing routine, as it will take time to settle down and look more natural. Apart from this, it is in the latest beauty tips- you should maintain a week's gap between multiple body polishing sessions. It will let your body get used to the treatment with time.
3. Overdoing Is A Big No-No- It's always in the latest beauty tips that overdoing is inappropriate. Like every other thing, make sure you don’t overdo it. This way, your body won’t look unusually shiny and unattractive.
4. Maintain A Distance With Sunlight- Moisturising your body is the key. You must have read about it in numerous beauty blogs. Hence, moisturize well and make sure you avoid going into the sunlight too much until your sessions are complete.
5. Avoid If You Have Medical Issues- Following beauty tips 2020 is everyone's dream, but it is not safe to blindly follow tips. If your health doesn't allow it, don't go for it. Body polishing is not advisable for people who have a fever, a severe allergy, suffering from cancer, or burn anywhere on your body.
For body polishing, you don't have to pay the hefty price tag of a salon. Body polishing treatments can be done at home, as well. But remember that for a DIY body polish, you’ll need an oil base and a physical exfoliant. The oil base will help your skin glow and protect it from harsh exfoliants. You can use physical scrubs, such as- salt or sugar, for exfoliating. It will also help remove dead skin cells and increase blood flow. So, if you are planning to ace your Diwali looks and Karwa Chauth looks, you should definitely opt for body polishing at home.
Start with jumping in a warm shower or take proper steam to prepare the skin and open up your pores. After that massage, use body oil all over the skin. For a therapeutic massage, take a little warmed up oil and apply. After done with this, move to the next step, which is exfoliating. Then apply the scrub mixture to the skin and use a loofah or sea sponge to rub in circular motions. You can also use a pumice stone for rough areas, like- elbows and knees. Once you complete polishing all over, take another warm shower to rinse off the mixture. It's best to avoid a soap the day afterward to minimize skin irritation. For exfoliating, you can use the following products-
It no more a secret that body polishing is a key to baby-soft skin. That said, try getting body polishing this festive season. The best way is to D-I-Y, you'll save both on time and money. Today, I Knock Fashion has highlighted homemade recipes to do body polishing, try them and let us know if you enjoyed it. Also, comment below if the blog was helpful enough and stay tuned with I Knock Fashion for more fashion and beauty insights.