Nature has never failed humans. It has continuously supported us with its great product that has helped humans grow to be who they are today. When we reap all nature’s good to eat and support ourselves then why not use it to enhance our beauty. The best things in life are always free, then why spend so much on chemically treated beauty products? There are so many new beauty brands in the market that promise ingredients sourced from natural ingredients, but they still contain a few chemicals. These products can dig a hole in your pocket. So, if you are looking to treat yourself with a natural and affordable beauty alternative, then you must stop looking in shops and start with your kitchen and get beautiful at home with home hacks for face and lips.
1. Honey Modern life is full of challenges that make life hectic and tiring. This tiredness reflects on your skin and makes it look dull and dry. If your first instinct is to rush to the nearest beauty store and buy a face pack, then stop. The solution is right in your kitchen. A 100% natural honey can work wonders on your skin with its healing properties. You can either consume it or apply it on your face. It will take all the dead, dry skin and leave you with a glowing skin that’s hydrated too.
2. Sugar Exfoliating your face every now and then is important to clean all the pores and help your skin breathe. If you are thinking of spending heaps and buying an exfoliation scrub, then you need to look in your coffee mug. The sugar that you consume daily is a great natural exfoliator. You can use it for your body and face. All you need to do is take a spoonful of sugar and add a little water or lemon juice to help it stick together. Now scrub your skin for baby-soft skin.
3. Castor oil Beautiful eyes are defined by well-defined eyelashes. The market is flooded with different eyelash and eyebrow growth products that are too expensive to afford. If you wish for long, well-defined lashes and brows then stop looking in market shelves and start looking in your kitchen.
4. Coffee Apart from tasting great, coffee is also known for boosting metabolism. This addictive drink has many added benefits that help with weight loss, prevent memory loss, and most importantly, promote hair growth. All you have to do is make a large cup of coffee and soak your hair in it. Rinse it off after 10-15 minutes to get the amazing fragrance and longer hair.
1. Banana, lemon and honey mask If you have oily skin, then this is the best homemade recipe for glowing skin for you. You need to mash some bananas, add a tablespoon of honey and some lemon juice to it. Mix it well and you are ready. This pack will help exfoliate your skin, unclog all the pores that have been filled with dust, take off all the dead skin so that you are ready with a skin that’s soft and glowing.
2. Besan and turmeric mask The anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric and alkalizing nature of besan work together to detox your face by cleaning deeply clogged pores. Their anti-microbial properties work together to give you the skin you’ve always dreamed of.
1. Cucumber and aloe vera We all have experienced the cooling sensation of cucumber on our eyes. It has been used by generations to get rid of dark circles. Little did they know, if you combine the cooling properties of cucumber and aloe vera, you get a mask that does wonders. These two ingredients combine together to hydrate your skin and lighten the dark spots.
2. Potato and rose water The key ingredient of your kitchen is also a key ingredient to help you get rid of dark circles. Special enzymes present in it have bleaching properties which when grated and combined with rose water give a cooling effect and work on the dark spots.
1. Flowers and fresh cream Give your lips the softness of flowers and purity of milk, it’s time to treat them nicely. You need to soak some flower petals in milk overnight and add some thick fresh cream and make a paste. Apply this paste on your lips and let it sit for about 15-20 minutes. This pack will give your lips the pinkiness while moisturizing them intensely.
2. Yogurt and lemon juice This pack is a little stronger pack with the goodness and strength of citrus acid and lactic acid. All you need is to mix 2 teaspoons of yogurt with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. This lip peel takes away all the dead skin with it leaving you with soft lips.
While makeup enhances your features and makes you look even more beautiful, it is also damaging your skin. There are many expensive and more natural makeup available in the market, but it still does not assure a 100% protection for your skin. So, here are a few hacks that you can use to avoid a few cosmetic products and protect your skin.
Instead of using a primer for a soft and smooth base on your face, you can use a mixture of milk and honey. This quick face pack will moisturize your skin while leaving a smooth, soft surface for you to put makeup on.
If you put lip balm to moisturize and smoothen your lips before putting lipstick, then stop. Just take some sugar, mix some water or olive oil in it, and scrub your lips. This will take off all the dead skin from your lips, leaving a soft, smooth surface for you to put lipstick on.
It is very important to take off makeup before you go to bed as it clogs your pores and stops your skin from breathing. So, instead of using your chemical infused makeup remover, use baby oil. It efficiently takes off all the makeup and gives you moisturized skin.
Your eyes go through a lot the whole day. After looking glam, clean the makeup and give them some rest with two slices of cucumber. This will cool down your eyes and prevent dark circles.
While the makeup shelves at cosmetic stores tempt you, the truth is, they can dig a hole in your pocket. So, why not resort to your kitchen and use some homemade makeup hacks that are easy on your pocket and gentle on your skin.
1. Cheek and lip tint Beetroot juice is not just good for your body, it is also a great lip and cheek tint
2. Kajal You can actually make 100% organic kajal at home without spending a bomb for it. All you have to do is collect a few ingredients and collect the scoot of a burning almond.
With the influx of so many products in the market for beauty, some being organic while others mixed with chemicals what we forget is the home hacks for beauty, a legacy passed on from generations by our ancestors. It is a great way to exfoliate and moisturize your skin with natural ingredients easily available in your kitchen or around.