As the Indian weddings get a little less complicated, the sole focus on the bridal outfit has begun to shift a little bit. Long gone are the days when men did not pay much attention to their wedding outfits. Today, they also make efforts to look like a star at their weddings.
The man of today is capable of stealing the show too, thanks to his delicately ornate groom attire. The modern times have seen a substantial increase in the wedding apparel options for the leader of the groom brigade. If you are one from the to-be-wed clan, keep scrolling, as I Knock Fashion has done all the heavy lifting for you. We have come up with exquisite Indian groom-wear designer options that will surely help any groom steal the show with a 'prince charming look.' Before we unearth the groom wear fashion trends of 2020, let us first read about how the groom wear revolutionized out of something so traditional as Indian wear.
To understand the fashion trends of 2020, one must reflect on the past and go back years to understand the subtle nuances of current indo-western fashion trends. India was a rich cultivator of cotton and silk back then during the Harappan Civilization. The cave paintings from the Indus Valley Civilization aptly portrays the human form with clothes that wrapped the body. It is when and where dhotis entered the scenario.
The fashion trends for groom-wear kept evolving as different dynasties kept ruling the country. The one that impacted the Indian fashion trends most was the Mughal Dynasty. For those of you who are unaware of this, the Mughal Dynasty gave birth to numerous groom fashion trends that you rely on today. The outfits adorned by Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh for his wedding were familiar with the Mughal fashion trends. Anarkali and churidaar have been adopted from the Mughal period fashion and altered to modern perceptions today.
Another dynasty that played an essential role in framing the fashion trends of Indian culture was the Rajput dynasty. The Rajputs gave a new look to the fashion trends of men. They brought angarkhi, pagdi, and kamarband to the menswear. With time these evolved into Sherwani for the groom at his wedding.
From there, the groom wear fashion grew leaps and bounds, with rising western influence and changing tastes and preferences of grooms. The key growth drivers of the Indo-western groom-wear fashion trends were some of the most talented Indian fashion designers who made their mark in the groom-wear sector with their avant-garde sense of style. Bollywood also played a crucial role in transforming the way Indian groom dresses. Now, as you know about the evolution of the groom wear fashion in India, let us move ahead and unearth which city in the country will help you find the best groom wear fashion trends.
The national capital is best when it comes to wedding shopping. A wedding is a special day for both the bride and the groom, but at times, it can turn out to be stressful. I Knock Fashion understands that when it comes to your wedding shopping, you can not enjoy every moment and make the most out of it. Right from buying your wedding outfits and accessories to other tiny yet significant elements like pagdi, kalgi, mala, jutti- an endless shopping spree awaits as soon as you become a groom-to-be.
Talk about being a groom-to-be, and Delhi is the place where you got to be. Delhi being at the central celebrates the versatility of numerous cultures. No matter if you belong to a Punjabi family or Gujrati- Marwari family, the national capital can offer you all sorts of wedding attires. It is the home to numerous vibrant local markets offering a vast array of wedding-related stuff. Groom-to-be, trust us when we say, Delhi can be an ultimate haven for your entire wedding shopping.
Each market in Delhi has its own distinct USP, and having the know-how of which area to hop in can make your shaadi shopping merrier. Hence, to ensure that you do not go crazy wondering where to go, here are some local markets in Delhi for groom wear shopping-
1. Chandni Chowk- There is no doubt that Chandini Chowk is the one to ace our list of groom wear shopping. It is undoubtedly the most expected entrant to groom wear list. Every wedding season, millions of grooms visit the narrow yet bustling lanes of Chandni Chowk not only for the wedding sherwani but for all-things-weddings. Even the best fashion designers in India and wedding decorators swear by this old-worldly market to buy raw material for their exquisite creations. If you are looking for a pocket friendly and Bollywood inspired groom wear collection, this market can be a wonderland. Apart from good clothing collection, you can also find intricately designed juttis and mala here.
2. Hauz Khas Village- If you are planning your wedding shopping from the national capital, then you must do a day of Haus Khas sherwani shopping for designer and wedding wear. The Hauz Khas Village has the best fashion designer in India from mid to high end, along with some surprise budget sherwani stores. Apart from sherwani shopping, the Hauz Khas Village also has stores and the best Indian fashion designers for your cocktail, fusion, Indo-western wear.
3. Shahpur Jat- The streets of Shahpur Jat host stores of some of the best fashion designers in India. It has numerous designer stores and jewelry boutiques. It would not be wrong to say that over the years, it has become one of the most trusted hubs for trousseau shopping in Delhi. The market is home for numerous best fashion designers in India, local stores for groom wear, and wedding decorators.
4. Moti Nagar- The Moti Nagar market is widely-celebrated for Groom Wear shopping. It has everything from pathani suit or the traditional kurta shalwar to sherwani suit or dhoti sherwani, and the Jodhpuri suit or the indo-western suit for the reception.
The groom-to-be who do not want their wedding outfit to be boring in beige and gold but is also abided by a fixed budget, do not worry, we have got you covered. Below is a list of stores and labels where you can get your wedding outfit of the latest fashion trends within your budget.
#Under INR 30k
You may think that it is impossible to get a wedding outfit in this budget, but that is untrue. For all the non-fussy groom-to-be, here are some of the stores to get your wedding outfit in this budget-
1. Manyavar- For comfortable and elegant groom wear, you can check out the store. Manyavar not only has diversity in styles for groom wear, but it is also diverse in the price range.
2. Brahaan by Narains- For traditional yet modern groom outfits, you can take a look here. The starting price offered is INR 15k.
#Between INR 30k- 60k
It is a decent and most common budget. Following are the stores where you can find groom wear in this budget-
1. Soltee by Sulakshana Monga- The outfits here are known for elegant style, sharp cuts, and contemporary silhouettes. The starting range is approximately INR 25k.
2. Study by Janak- From indo-western to traditional, one can find everything here. The groom wear here perfectly complements the latest fashion trends.
#From One Lakh and above
The groom who is looking for designer groom wear by the best fashion designer in India, here you go-
1. Varun Bahl- The designer's beautifully crafted groom wear is admirable. Although the kurtas here start from INR 45k a proper groom outfit can go up to INR 2 lakhs.
2. Sabyasachi- The groom-to-be who wants his outfits to be royal and elegant can take a look at the store.
For this budget, there are many more designers and their labels in Delhi, like Manish Malhotra, Anita Dongre, Kunal Rawal, Tarun Tahiliani.
For the fashion trends of 2020, a jodhpuri jacket is a perfect way to complement the intricately designed kalgi, safa, and juttis. You can look for beautiful royal Rajasthani jewelry, from the lanes of Chandni Chowk or jewelry boutiques in Lajpat Nagar. Although its year 2020, the early rajwada jewelry still stands the test of times. You can opt for a beautiful kalgi with Kundan and meenakari work to ace up your wedding attire.
These were some Indian groom-wear stores and shopping markets to look for in the national capital- Delhi. These markets and stores will undoubtedly help you ace the groom fashion trends of 2020. No matter whether you plan on channeling your inner maharaja in a Bandhgala or professing love for color in an indo-western kurta, the mentioned list will be of great help. Do let us know in the comment section if this blog was helpful enough and stay tuned with I Knock Fashion for further fashion and beauty related updates.