Friday 27, Nov 2020, Delhi (India)
The sudden death of Bollywood celebrity Sushant Singh Rajput has sparked mental health debates and people are constantly speculating that the reason behind his decision of taking his own life could be the so-called “nepo-gang”. Soon after the shocking demise of the 34-year-old actor, several hashtags like #justiceforSSR #SushantNoMore and others started trending on twitter. With all this negativity in the air, I Knock Fashion wishes to pay a tribute to the phenomenal actor he was, we look forward to talking about him and celebrate his life, his work, his larger than life characters and looks. No matter what, Sushant put his heart and soul into his craft, although he was concerned more about research than looks, still every-time he managed to keep up with the fashion trends naturally. He was one of the most talented actors the industry had, and it's time that we remember him for the gem of a person he was. Rajput excelled every single path he crossed be it acting or fashion. Indian or western culture dresses he aced all of them and kept up on a point with ongoing fashion culture and trends. Below mentioned are some of his best looks, potential enough to become the fashion trends 2020.
2. International supermodel and a prominent member of the Kardashian-Jenner clan, Kendall Jenner was in India in February to shoot for Vogue India’s 10th-anniversary edition. Late actor Sushant Singh Rajput shot for vogue’s 10th-anniversary magazine with Kendall. Sushant shared an Instagram post from the photoshoot, like always he kept up aptly with the ongoing fashion culture and trend he was spotted adorning a white suit and finished out his look with a sleek hairdo. The Jaipur palace backdrop was in contrast with Sushant and Kendall's contemporary look. About this shoot, Sushant stated- “I would have loved to show Kendall around, but couldn't due to security reasons. The palace where we stayed was huge and the food was delicious. I ended the shoot with a nice conversation with Kendall, Mario(the photographer), Anaita and the crew,"
3. The European footwear brand Bata tied up with the “Kai Po Che” actor Sushant Singh Rajput as the brand ambassador to promote its new stylish and casual range of footwear. As Sushant became highly famous for his extraordinary acting skills onscreen, the brand considered him to be the face to make it relevant and aspirational amongst the young and trendy consumers. Sushant was giving back to back super hits and was considered as a youth icon and fashion trendsetter amongst his huge fan base comprising mostly GenNext. ￼￼About this association with European brand, Bata Sushant said "The European brand Bata has always been one of my favorite brands and I am super excited to be a part of the brand transformation that Bata is undergoing. I have shot for their new 'Be Surprised' campaign showcasing the latest men's casual collections. And trust me it will leave you surprised too." Sushant for this shoot looked phenomenal, he was spotted wearing an orange bomber jacket, with black chinos and a black shirt, it won’t be wrong to say that the accessories including footwear caught all the attention. Sushant was one such actor who could make the casual look extraordinary. This is one such look that can be easily carried on for fashion trends 2020.
4. Sushant Singh Rajput was juggling multiple work projects during this particular time. The “Drive” actor was busy promoting for “MS Dhoni: The Untold Story”, along with rehearsing for other movies. Sushant always caught the attention time and again with his outfits, not just for his event looks but also his off-duty casual style, and this ensemble was no different. Keeping up with the fashion trends, he made a case for relaxed dressing, by opting for an olive green look along with grey shade in the bottom. This olive green t-shirt served as the perfect choice for a casual outfit. Rajput rolled up the sleeves of his t-shirt to add a cool spin to his look and showed off his gorgeous timepiece. Whether you’re stepping out with friends for brunch or catching a flight abroad this look can turn out to be perfect for fashion trends 2020.
5. It won’t be wrong to say that the actor Sushant Singh Rajput thrived for excellence, mediocrity affected him. This is the reason he never failed to surprise the audience, whether it was a film, or in this case, a magazine shoot, he aced it all and never stepped back from trying something different. In the February issue of The Man magazine, the “Kedarnath” actor left all of us amazed by unleashing his quirky fashion trends side. For this shoot, Sushant truly experimented with his looks and was spotted adorning various western culture dresses. He left the audience impressed, and fall all head over heels for his bold choice of fashion trends. A black jacket and pants could never go wrong especially in Sushant’s case, he looked dapper as always. The printed shirt caught all the attention, and Sushant was appreciated by mainly his female fans. They considered the actor was gutsy enough to break free of his stereotypical image and do something different as this photoshoot. The footwear he adorned became the talk of the shoot.
6. Sushant Singh Rajput was definitely a fashion trendsetter and style star. His progress from a television actor to an ultimate big-screen star was phenomenal. He was well celebrated for his unique ability to adorn clothes that were casual yet chic, especially the western culture dress. The “Shudh Desi Romance" actor created a vast fan following for himself with his outstanding acting skills, down to earth nature, and dapper looks. In 2017, Sushant walked the ramp for ace Bollywood designer Manish Malhotra, for a closing show at Lakme Fashion Week. Sushant was spotted adorning a double-breasted mustard suit by Manish Malhotra. He complimented the suit with a chill white T-shirt and spiked up his hair. For the footwear, he opted for a pair of ethnic-y tasseled loafers.
7. The actor debuted in Bollywood in the year 2013, he was acclaimed for his work, and also nominated for the Best male debut by Filmfare Awards. Since then there was no turning back for him, he back to back gave hits and Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s biopic made him the 100 crore club actor. This picture was taken from a classic photoshoot of the “sonchiriya” actor. Sushant kept well with the ongoing fashion culture of turtleneck, while the chill in the wind increased, he led the way in keeping stylishly warm. An actor like him was found suited for a variety of occasions, be it award events or photoshoots. He was spotted adorning a blue checked suit. To ease out things, the actor opted for a contrasting pair of maroon colored footwear. The actor paired his suit with a solid grey turtleneck.
8. On the occasion of Vogue India’s 10th anniversary, they collaborated with actor Sushant Singh Rajput and International model Kendall Jenner for their May edition. The actor looked regal in all white, with tresses pushed back. The actor after this shoot also revealed “I have also shot a segment for an episode of Keeping Up With The Kardashians,” Sushant and Kendall were shot by celebrated Peruvian photographer Mario Testino in Jaipur. On the shocking demise of the actor, Mario wrote “Sad to hear Sushant Singh Rajput passed away today. An amazing Bollywood actor and a great person leave us at the early age of 34. My thoughts go to his family, friends, and the Indian film industry who loses a star. RIP".
9. Sushant was an actor to look up to, he broke every stereotype and burnt bridges sometimes just to light his way. This photoshoot he did brought a new wave of fashion culture and bold shoots to the Indian fashion industry. The actor was gutsy enough to participate in a shoot as bold as this. Sushant looked dapper here again in all black, but those blue sneakers were something to gaze upon. The jacket looked on point, and the actor captioned this picture- “Dreams have a funny way of staying dreams. They just need a bit of waking up”, Sushant’s this look was something to wake up to every day.
10. For fashion trends 2020 this could be the best outfit. Sushant was spotted in this amazing casual and cool look from the brand Flying Machine. He looked amazing in those grey jeans and grey shaded t-shirt. The shirt he layered the outfit with made it look easy yet trendy. This outfit could be the best pick for summer fashion culture.
The shocking demise of the 34-year-old actor has made one thing certain, our reflections are a window into each facet of our being, a tool for our betterment but also a weapon for our damage. It's time to be kinder to everyone around, to appreciate small things in life, and celebrate small successes. I Knock Fashion cherishes Sushant’s brilliance and will continue to do so.