As the temperature dips, we bring out our favorite winter accessories. While winter dressing is always fun, we can’t say the same about our skincare regime. The cold leaves our skin looking dull, dry, and fatigued, and it’s essential to give your skin a moisture boost. Facials are a great way to revive your skin and get an instant glow! so these are the innovative facials you must go for 2020.
A Brief about Facials
The origin of facials and the use of natural ingredients to rejuvenate the skin can be traced back to the 1500s-1600s. In that era pale skin was a symbol of power and wealth and women would do everything to maintain it. The trend for pursuing glowing and rejuvenating skin inspired new facial treatments and in 1875 an overnight sleeping mask was invented. Today facials are an important part of skincare to cleanse, hydrate, and exfoliate your skin.
Why are facials important?
Facials are often misunderstood and considered unnecessary but it’s essential to understand that facial is an important part of any skincare regime. When we talk about facials, we are actually referring to a range of spa treatments, such as steam, exfoliation, masks, and massage. Facials help to peel away the old, dead skin cells and provide a fresh and rejuvenated face.
Facials are an essential multi-step skin treatment that makes as one of the best ways to look after your skin. A facial cleanses, exfoliates, and nourishes your skin making your skin look younger as well as more hydrated. The secret of seeing the positive effects of a facial is making them a part of your regular skincare regime.
Pros and cons of facials
Just like everything has a good and a bad side to it, facials have their pros and cons. While the pros are more than the cons, it doesn’t come without its negative impacts.
Facials give your skin its natural glow back and when done right they also help with deep pore cleansing benefits. Exfoliating the skin ensures the layer of dead skin is removed from the surface thus removing dullness. The process of steaming helps to open pores to remove blackheads and whiteheads and the massage promotes blood circulation while allowing the skin to soak in the creams. Facials overall, lock in moisture and help the skin stay well hydrated.
The results of a facial
The results of a facial are usually visible immediately after the treatment – your skin looks soft, supple, and has a bounce. You can further notice an instant glow in your skin. Your skin looks revived, smooth, and hydrated. While the effect of a facial can’t last forever here’s what you can expect for the short and long term.
It’s time for a reality check – a facial does not mean that your skin issues will disappear overnight, but there will be some results that are visible instantly. An immediate increase in hydration and glowing skin will be present for a few days, a post that one needs to combine the results with at-home care.
For the real results to be visible one must consistently practice good skincare habits over a period of time. Keeping your skin hydrated by having plenty of water is a start; introduce a great moisturizer into your regular skincare routine and use a sunscreen whenever you step out of the house for the best results.
While a facial usually lasts for 2-3 days there are a few things you can do as a part of your regime to maintain the facial results for a longer period. Immediately after your facial, ensure you don’t wash your face – allow the nutrients and vitamins to be soaked into the skin for long-lasting results.
In India, the cost of a basic facial starts at INR 1,700 and goes upwards depending on your requirements.
Types of Trending Facials
- Microcurrent facials: Usually referred to as a natural facelift. It involves using a low-grade electrical current to “train” your facial muscles to appear more lifted, tightened, and firm. The facial emit low-voltage currents, which mirror your body’s electrical current to repair damaged skin and stimulate collagen and elastin production. A painless procedure, which helps erase fine line and wrinkles, the overall result, is younger and healthier-looking skin. This treatment is like a gym for your face. Microcurrent is usually safe for most people, but there are a few exceptions including people with heart issues, severe acne, and for people who have recently had a Botox or fillers.
- Caviar Facial – A caviar facial is one of the most expensive and luxurious types of facials. The facial involves a mix of caviar, massage, and marine extracts to gently exfoliate, cleanse and infuse the face with collagen enhancing nutrients. The Fresh caviar eggs are rich in peptides and essential amino acids that work wonders as an anti-aging treatment for all skin types except acne-prone skin type or someone with ultra-sensitive skin. Caviar, when applied to the skin, makes your skin look younger, fresher and more rejuvenated. It helps in collagen production, can help the skin glow naturally, protects your skin from makeup damage and protects against UV radiation and free radicals.
- Chemical peel – A chemical peel facial is used as a skin-resurfacing procedure in which a chemical solution is applied to the skin to remove the top layers providing smoother and younger-looking skin. The solution is applied to the skin that causes it to exfoliate and eventually peel off. Chemical peels are typically used to treat wrinkles, skin discoloration, and scars — typically on the face.
- Wax facial mask – Wax facial masks are essentially peeled off masks that rejuvenate your skin instantly. Charcoal facial masks are extremely popular to remove blackheads and blocked pores. They give your skin a deep cleanse making it glow again.
- Vampire facial– Photos of the Vampire facial mask have gone viral on Instagram especially of Kim K’s vampire mask. Although the mask looks scary because the face looks covered with blood splatter, it’s one of the latest treatment trends in skincare. This mask boasts a lot of results. It’s a facial that uses your own blood to help promote the healthy activity of your skin cells. Platelets, act as energy boots for our skin, this helps our skin function optimally, increasing collagen and elation, while also bringing antioxidant and hydrating properties.
- Fire facial– The fire facial is gaining immense popularity in China where it originated. The idea behind it is to place a towel soaked in alcohol and a special elixir on the face, legs or other parts of the body, then light it on fire for a few seconds. This is supposed to stimulate the skin and address dullness, sagging, and wrinkles.
- Laser facial – Laser is being used as a preferred treatment across the beauty industry. Laser resurfacing is a treatment to reduce facial wrinkles and skin irregularities, such as blemishes or acne scars. The technique consists of short, concentrated beams of light at irregular skin, precisely removing skin layer by layer for healthier-looking skin.
- Bacial – Just like the facial, the bacial is a facial for the back. It helps remove dead skin and impurities for a clearer back.
- Bird Poop Facial – The bird poop facial dates back centuries in Japan, when “nightingale droppings” were used to brighten, illuminate, and gently exfoliate. The droppings are collected, sanitized under ultraviolet light, and then milled into a fine powder. When mixed with water, a paste forms, which can then be used as a cleanser or face mask. Where to get these facials done in India for these facials it’s essential to go to a well-reputed clinic with the best professionals on board. While there are many clinics around India some of the best-known dermatologists and clinics to get these done include- Isya Aesthetics by Dr. Kiran Sethi based out of New Delhi, Skinfiniti by Dr. Jaishree Sharad, Mumbai-based celebrity dermatologist, The Ageless Clinic Mumbai by Dr. Bijlani and Dr. Geetika based out of New Delhi.
IKF Desk on Innovative Facials You Must Go For This 2020
Do you need An Instant Glow? These Are The Best Facials To Try! I Knock fashion has done deep research in the field of beauty to decode the biggest trends for 2020.