Life has come to a standstill for all of us, but we must be always thankful at having enough to drink and eat with a roof over our heads. When it comes to glowing skin, staying indoors can actually be a blessing, as there is low exposure to pollution and sunlight. But as you aren’t going anywhere out and binge-watching shows, it can further lead to tired eyes and fine lines. We understand that the world has become a tough place to live in right now, while all of us are locked down at homes. Quarantine is not an easy thing to go through, but there are always two sides of the coin- either it’s acceptance or resistance. Most of you would agree with the fact that accepting it is the best way to protect everyone around. And if you look forward to uplift your mood and be productive at the same time, guess the simplest thing you can do? Since we’re locked down, why not use the time to opt for appropriate skincare with an extra dose of pampering. Let’s start with good face care, manicure and pedicure at first. I Knock Fashion has gathered all the beauty information and healthy skin tips to get you some pieces of advice to flow through this lockdown and don’t miss out on them!
Why is mani-pedi essential?
Sure manicure and pedicure are an extraordinary way to feel pampered, but their benefits go much beyond indulging yourself. They are a must not only attain a well-groomed look but also keep to keep your nails healthy and beautiful. Let’s dive into the most important reasons why regularly tending to your hands and feet is vital.
- Eliminates tan
The time has long gone when you had to cover up your tan lines with long-sleeved apparels and closed shoes, after returning back from an amazing lovely beach holiday. The mani-pedi session helps to remove stubborn tan marks and reveals your naturally glowing skin tone.
- Sustains your nail health
After our face, our hands and feet are most exposed to the dirt, moisture, and other pollutants, these build up under your nails and further cause major problems. Manicure and pedicure successfully remove dirt from under your nails and also the hard to reach places. It decreases the chances of getting an infection and keeps your nails strong and healthy.
- Induces blood circulation
The manicure and pedicure promote an act of soaking your hands and feet in warm water, further receiving a stimulating massage at the end leads to better blood circulation and glowing skin. Making it a part of your skincare provides your skin with a healthy and rejuvenated look.
- Exfoliate dead cells
Exfoliating the hardened skin with a gentle scrub and firmly cleaning using creams and a brush, sloughs off dead cells, thus leaving behind your glowing skin smooth and even.
- Softer and smoother skin
Exfoliating reveals clear and smoother skin, the massage that follows in the mani-pedi session, leaves the skin feeling soft. Massaging your skin with a hydrating lotion helps soften it.
Why is facial care important?
Good facial care is important due to the following reasons-
- Facial skin stays in good condition- You’re shedding skin cells throughout the day, hence it’s essential to maintain the glow of your face. An appropriate skincare routine for your face’s skin type can help prevent acne, treat wrinkles, and also keep your face looking its best.
- Facial care will make it look youthful- It is one of the most healthy skin tips, with age, your facial skin cells turn over extremely slowly, which further makes your face look dull and less radiant. Performing proper facial care can help remove dead skin cells, so your face can replace them with newer and more youthful cells.
- Boosts your self-confidence- When your face looks healthy and glowing, you automatically feel better about yourself and further have more self-confidence.
How is lock down a great opportunity for facial and skincare?
21st century isn’t easy, you tweeze and pluck against your skin, you burn your hair, you put glue onto your eyelids and damage your nails regularly, you cover your skin in chemical powders and pull your cuticles out. And now the lockdown is the actual time to breathe and embrace your natural self.
For the first time in modern history the world is self-quarantined, so hit the pause button and engage yourselves in some self-care. As now you’ve got nothing but time, and it leaves you with an apt excuse to embrace your natural beauty. The beauty experts have stated how staying indoors can give your skin a serious boost. All of us are aware of the fact that air pollution to some degree poses serious damage to the skin. Staying indoors will protect your skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays, you won’t have to over wash your face which will leave the natural oil of your face. For sometime you can skip using chemical-based products on your skin and opt for the numerous things from your pantries that can help your skin while shops are shut and you’re locked down.
How are natural ingredients better for your skin than chemical-based products?
All of us are aware of the fact that most of the products we apply on our skin contain long lists of chemicals that can potentially cause harm to your skin and body. But opting for natural ingredients can transform your skin as they’ll seep into your skin through the pores and further lead to glow in the long run.
The largest organ of the body, the skin has two layers the dermis and the epidermis, they provide support, structure, and acts as a shield. You break through these barriers with chemical-based skincare products you apply on skin daily, which further puts you at risk of developing irritations and allergies from synthetic materials.
Now that you’re under lockdown, your skin does not have to suffer as you can go with a wide range of natural options available. Skip the chemical products and go all-natural this quarantine.
How can you perform a mani-pedi session at home?
Let’s face the reality, your hectic schedule leaves you with little time for pampering. But now that you’re quarantined, you can do pedicure in the comfort of your home. Following are the COVID-19 home hacks to apply, when you can’t buy products from the outside world.
- Cut your nails according to the required length and shape.
- Massage a little honey on the nails and dip into a tub of hot water to which you can add some lemon slices.
- Once you feel the nails and skin of your feet softened, clean your nails with the help of a brush, and utilise a pumice stone to remove dead skin from the heels.
- You can also use the lemon slices on the skin to remove tan and further use a towel to pat dry
- Use 2tbsp honey to massage onto the skin and later wipe it off with hot towels.
REMEDY FOR TIRED FEET
- Take boiled water and add 2 cups rose petals.
- Use castor oil to massage your feet and later soak them in rose water for about 10 minutes.
- Add small marbles in the tub and roll your heels to them.
- Later use lemon to massage your feet.
Utilise the quarantine appropriately let your nails breathe, and if they have turned yellow due to regular use of nail colour, let them free.
Rubbing lemon slices on toenails daily can bring back their natural healthy colour in no time.
Now that we’re locked down, you can’t visit a salon for a monthly mani-pedi. The alternative is to do a manicure with natural ingredients, using things that are available in your home!
- Clean your nails, remove that nail polish.
- Wash your hands with soap and water.
- Take some hot water in a plastic tub, add lemon juice to it, along with 1 tablespoon of rock salt, and rose petals, massage your nails with honey and dip your hands in water for around 15 minutes.
- Scrub your hands gently with a paste of sugar and oil to remove dry and dead skin.
- Apply coconut oil to your nails at the end, it will further make your nails shine.
How to keep your face glowing without visiting the salons and parlours?
All of us are aware of the fact that our skin and hair also take a beating due to decreased physical activity, although you’re locked down still move your body for glowing skin. Take the stairs, groove to your favourite songs, or indulge yourself in yoga or workouts, this will give you glowing skin. And if not following are the home hacks you can rely on during this spread of COVID-19, when you can’t shop products from outside or online.
-For dark circles
Even if you have spent all your life treating your skin carefully, you can still get bags under your eyes. And now that you’re in front of digital screens 24*7 the chances of getting dark circles increases, even more, to get rid off these dark circles you can try these skincare routines-
- Cucumber juice+ Lemon Juice
Cucumber works effectively to help you in getting rid off your dark circles. Mix equal parts of cucumber juice and lemon juice and apply it under your eyes using a cotton ball. Leave this solution for 15 minutes and then rinse with warm water.
This fantastic smelling astringent can soothe and rejuvenate your tired skin. Dip cotton makeup pads in rose water and let them rest on your closed eyelids for 15 minutes to get rid of the dark circles.
For dry skin
Dry and chapped skin is one of the most common issues. Harsh cleansers and other fancy products that we use damages the outer layer of skin and often leads to dry skin. So, instead of using fancy products why not find something to treat your chapped and dry skin from your own magic room that is your kitchen. Here are some remedies to moisturise you dry skin-
It can act as a natural moisturiser and give you relief from your dry skin. Apply a mixture of yoghurt and honey to moisturise your skin. You can also add some milk.
- Egg face mask
Eggs contain several vitamins that can help you get rid off your dry skin. Mix egg the egg white with coconut oil and apply it over your face for 15 minutes to get a moisturised and glowing skin.
IKF Desk (Conclusion)
Now that you have some wonderful foot, hand, face and skin pampering tips in your beauty book, start right away. Do you also want to know haircare tips for this quarantine period?
Do let us know in the comment section.