To be honest, all of us are extremely tired of the idiom, "the grass is always greener on the other side", especially when it comes to coveting someone's long hair. There is no alteration in the fact that the fear of losing tresses lengths that take forever to get back, keeps us from doing that collarbone popping bob haircut.
I Knock Fashion supports a more positive side on that idea of tresses scarcity and says that the grass is greenest wherever you water it. And while the haircare regime does include some amazing products, it's also about taking care of yourself and nourishing from the inside out.
There is no doubt that you give undivided attention to the big details of your wedding, like your wedding outfits, evening makeup, the decor for your wedding day, and the food being served, you also pay attention to the tiniest things like invitations, fittings, and everything in between. Although this long list is no less important but to keep up with this list you may end up forgetting to take care of something most important- yourself. It's not just the wedding shopping, evening makeup, and skincare that needs your attention, your tresses are also an extremely crucial part of your wedding look. To help you get started on the hair bit, I Knock Fashion has come up with some of the best hair care tips you can rely on for your wedding day. So, without further ado, let's get started.
The brides and grooms-to-be are certainly the most excited ones before the wedding day, but if you are one from the to-be clan, here is a question for you, how do you plan to go about your haircare? Do you wish to run to the nearest salon and have your hair styled last moment with an expensive product?
Well, here's a disclaimer for you, if you look forward to not treat your hair with the best hair care tips, you may end up bombarding your tresses with numerous chemicals last moment. So, instead of going for heavy chemicals in the end, start mapping out your pre-wedding haircare routine. Just like you pre-plan your wedding's evening makeup, it's important you first understand your hair concerns.
We suggest that if you are struggling with hair thinning, you should start the haircare nine to twelve months in advance. It will give the appropriate time for your tresses to re-shine. The haircare may include some amazing products. It would be apt to choose a brand that includes natural extracts as they do not damage the hair like OGX.
The health and beauty brand OGX created this shampoo that is amazing for damaged and limp tresses with wheat protein that helps to infuse nutrients into each strand and helps create thicker and shiny mane.
It has sulfate-free surfactants and the products are also paraben-free. For those who are unaware, paraben are harmful chemicals used in most beauty products for giving them a longer shelf life.
In case you are dealing with dandruff or lackluster hair, starting three to six months prior would be enough. A six-month gap is perfectly apt if you look forward to getting hair straightening or smoothening.
Continue scrolling to find out the best hair care tips for both- brides and grooms to be!
Before you start with any of the below-mentioned points, we would suggest you- prepare yourself mentally to stay away from chemicals as much as possible, and trust homemade or natural extracts hair treatments a bit. Once your marriage date is decided, waste no time. Always remember that be it skincare or haircare, they don't work wonders overnight. So, let's start with the best hair care tips-
1. Pay Attention To Your Locks- Deep conditioning your tresses can be one of the best remedies to stimulate shiny locks. Apart from deep conditioning, the brides-to-be can also opt for different hair mask treatments. In the case of locks, it is most suitable to look for treatments that exfoliate and condition your scalp. You can also apply a hydrating mask to provide your dry tresses with the nourishment it needs.
It will be best if you start taking a hair spa session every month for three months before your special day. The most important point to be taken care of here is- it is essential to pick the right hair treatment-
If you have an oily scalp, it's best to opt for an exfoliating treatment. An exfoliating treatment will help remove the excess oil and exfoliate the scalp, looking for ingredients like Neem would be helpful.
In case you are someone with a dry scalp, masks with hydrating and nourishing ingredients like aloe vera would be ideal and work wonders. You can also opt for OGX Keratin oil shampoo and conditioners as they maintain a balance on your scalp.
People with normal scalps can go for conditioning masks.
2. Deep Conditioning- You don't have to visit numerous salons for deep conditioning your tresses, for a deep conditioning treatment, mix an egg with yogurt. Mix and make the paste smooth and apply it to your hair. If you do it once in two weeks, your tresses will be aptly nourished and it will give your scalp the goodness of deep protein conditioning.
If you are someone allergic to the smell of eggs, once in a week, treat your tresses with a blend of almond oil, coconut oil, and olive oil. It will rejuvenate your hair naturally.
3. Do Not Shampoo Frequently- You must have not heard or read about it much, but over-shampooing can dehydrate the tresses. It's better to shampoo every alternate day or twice a week depending on your lifestyle and hair type.
If you are someone who has an extremely active lifestyle, travel daily, and find the need to shampoo daily, opt for milder daily shampoos to prevent over-drying. You can also look for hydrating shampoos, OGX Beauty India offers various hair care products and shampoos. Adding these light weight hydrating shampoo to your next target shopping list, will protect your tresses from harmful chemicals and keep them hydrated.
4. Treat Hair Problems- If you start your haircare four to five months prior, treating your hair issues and doing away with them can be easy. For example- if you are dealing with dandruff, applying a concoction of coconut oil and lemon juice regularly can be extremely helpful to eliminate the problem.
If you are lately experiencing hair-fall because of the wedding stress, you can apply onion juice to prevent the same. But you got to remember that in the case of home remedies consistency is the key.
5. Regular Trimming Is Utmost Important- Whether you trim it or not, your tresses are likely to grow an average of a quarter-inch every month. Regular trimming is a must, no matter what hair type. You must have read it in books, how you should go for a trim every month to make sure there are no split ends. The fact to highlight here is, getting rid of split ends reduces hair breakage, which could have made your tresses look thinner at the ends.
6. Try Avoiding Chemicals- We understand, that it's next to impossible to stay away from hair styling products during your wedding functions. But we would suggest minimizing all the chemical-based haircare and hair styling products. Instead of chemical-based products try opting for natural homemade shampoos. You can also go for a concoction of baking soda and water as shampoo, later opt for apple cider vinegar as a natural conditioner.
If you are too busy with your wedding to-do's, don't stress much, instead of homemade shampoo, you can opt for shampoos by the brand OGX. Even if you have colored your tresses for the special day, the brand offer products that are pH balanced and won't strip your gorgeous hair color.
7. Eat Your Way To Beautiful Tresses- To get shiny hair, remember to have a diet rich in greens, eggs, berries, avocados, fish, nuts, and seeds. You can take supplements for your tresses too. Opt for hair-friendly ingredients like folic acid, biotin, Vitamins D, A, C, E, H, B12, Omega 3, 6, 9, and amino acids like cysteine, methionine, and lysine.
Healthy hair growth is a natural process, so if you hear someone flaunt “This product made my hair grow like crazy overnight!” just know that it ain't the entire truth. The reality is that all our scalps and bodies are different. Though the tiniest of changes can tweak the time in which our hair grows, nothing will make your tresses reach your hips at superhuman speed. Talking about the tiniest of changes, you can't make tresses grow crazy overnight, but you can definitely opt for hair products that are healthier and safer.
Numerous beauty experts have stated that the first and most obvious aspect to address if you’re worried your hair has slowed growth or is falling out is to check in with your protein intake.OGX Beauty India offers shampoos that are paraben-free and carries a good amount of essential nutrients required for your beautiful tresses. Choosing OGX according to the texture and concern would assure you of great results as they aptly suit the Indian climate, skin, scalp, and tresses.
Baljit Singh the owner of Natural Indulgence says "OGX has amazing products, it delivers performance for value and hence are famous world over"
You can check out the OGX Beauty India products if you need a shiny mane too-
In the end, we would like to sum up the blog with a thought that I Knock Fashion firmly believes in- Remember that you are beautiful, no amount of evening makeup or hairstyle can take away the inner glow that comes from being happy!
Best of luck, for your wedding day, and we hope your tresses shine as much as your eyes do on your special day. Do let us know in the comment section if this blog was helpful, and stay tuned with I Knock Fashion for further fashion and beauty related updates.