The health benefits of green tea provide aid to heart diseases, liver diseases, and different types of cancer. It is used in abundance in haircare, weight loss, diabetes, and beauty tips.
Green tea is one of the healthiest drinks with lots of overall benefits. It is full of antioxidants that help in fat loss, improved brain functions, and achieving glowing skin. Regular intake of green tea is an effective measure to fight acne and oily skin.
Green tea is one of the widely consumed teas in the world for health or enjoyment. It is grown from a plant called Camellia sinensis, which produces green, white, and black tea. Green tea has been the most preferred teas as compared to other teas. It is non-fermented and is rich in polyphenols.
Polyphenols are natural compounds and act as an antioxidating compound. The polyphenols contain 4 major flavonoids such as catechins, epicatechin (EC), epigallocatechin (EGC), epicatechin gallate (ECG), and epigallocatechin (EGCG). These flavonoids help to reduce inflammation and provides health benefits.
Green tea is advisable in your daily skincare routine as green tea. Its extract helps to prevent different types of skin cancers and detoxifies the skin. EGCG, one of the active compounds and is anti-androgenic. It helps in reducing the sebum level that results in acne. The intake of green tea also benefits the haircare routine. The same compound is also responsible for improving hair growth and texture of hair follicles. The trending beauty tips suggest the consumption of green tea at least once a day. This process will help in achieving glowing and healthy skin.
Trending green tea has lots of skin benefits. It helps to fight lots of skin issues and therefore is a part of the daily skincare routine. Also, it is a staple in beauty tips as:
1. Fight against premature aging- An antioxidant compound, the EGCG can refresh the dry and dead cells. It repairs the dead skin and makes the skin look healthier. The B-2 vitamin in green tea can maintain the collagen level that makes your skin more firm.
2. Reduces the redness and irritation- It's anti-inflammatory properties treats and reduces the swelling, redness, and skin irritation. Also, its application minimizes the effect of sunburn.
3. Moisturize skin- Its vitamin and mineral content nourishes and hydrates the skin. Vitamin E helps in restoring the essential oils to the skin.
Due to its potential benefits, it is useful in haircare practices. Here are the benefits of green tea.
1. Reduces hair loss- It is one of the problems in men and women. It is due to stress, diet, and hormonal changes. The use of green tea in shampoos or hair masks help in preventing hair loss. The presence of the EGCG compound helps in controlling hair loss.
2. Improves hair Growth- Green tea helps in the regrowth of the hair. The active and essential component of green tea, the EGCG compound helps in stimulating the hair follicles and thus improves hair growth. It also repairs the dead skin of the scalp and prevents the hair cells from damage.
3. Adds nutrients- Our hair growth depends on the oxygen level and nutritional value. Green tea is full of vitamins and minerals. Its consumption fulfills the nutritional value and improves blood circulation. Thus, it helps to improve hair growth and also hair texture.
Green tea can be consumed or applied to the skin. It has essential substances and health benefits that made it a part of a daily skincare routine. It is not only beneficial to the body but also the skin. Drinking green tea is good, but one can use green tea in their skin products for better results. You can use green tea for skincare in the following ways:
1. Green tea- For best results, it should be taken directly, as it removes the toxic elements from the body. It is also an essential drink recommended in the weight loss process.
2. Mask- Green tea masks are very refreshing to the skin and are a part of beauty tips. When mixed with other anti-oxidating substances like honey and lemon, it helps in rejuvenating the skin. Homemade green tea masks are very beneficial and free from all the chemical substances. Green tea face masks are easy to use and are necessary for healthy skin.
Here are 3 DIY face masks made with green tea made with kitchen ingredients are:
• Turmeric and Green tea mask - Turmeric is known for its antiseptic values and therapeutic effects. Green tea has its own detoxifying values, and both mixed together helps in removing excess of impurities.
1 teaspoon chickpea flour (it is used in almost every face mask as it has an exfoliating effect and removes sebum from the skin.
1/4 teaspoon of turmeric
2 teaspoons of freshly made green tea
Now mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Apply the mixture to your face and leave it for 15-20 minutes and then rinse it off with cool water. Use this pack once or twice a day.
• Orange Peel and green tea mask- Orange peel powder have anti-aging and detoxifying effects.
1 tablespoon orange peel powder
1 tablespoon green tea and 1/2 teaspoon honey (it helps in moisturizing) Method: Mix all the ingredients and get a coarse mixture. Apply the mixture on the face and scrub for 2-3 minutes in a circular motion, once or twice a week.
• Rice flour and green tea mask- Rice flour helps in exfoliation. Lemon is mixed in this pack that brightens and cleans the skin.
1 tablespoon green tea,
1 tablespoon lemon juice,
2 tablespoons of rice flour
Method: Combine all the ingredients in a bowl until you get a smooth texture. Apply it on the face for 15-20 minutes, 1-2 times a week. Let it dry and then wash it with cool water.
1. Facials- Daily skincare routine subsumes different types of facials as it repairs the dead cells and brightens the skin. Regular practice of green tea facials can help in cleansing the impurities and cleaning the skin.
2. Green tea extract - Mix the tea and water and put it at room temperature for 1 hour. Pour the tea into another container and separate the green tea extract and tea leaves. Now cool the extract and then apply it to the skin that freshens and cools the skin by making it look glowing.
3. Steam your skin and face with green tea - Another useful way to use green tea for your face and skin is to use it in a steamer. Boil the water on high heat and pour it into another heatproof bowl. Then add the green tea leaves ( from the teabag) to the hot water. Let it rest for 1-2 minutes and then cover your face with a towel and start taking steam over the bowl for 5-10 minutes.
4. Add green tea to your cleanser- your daily skincare routine includes cleaning the skin with a good cleanser. For better results, add the green tea leaves to the skin or face cleanser that will smoothen the skin and removes the impurities.
5. Green Tea Toner- Toners help in repairing the dead cells of the skin. Homemade green tea toner without any preservatives is useful for the skin. Boil the water over high heat in a kettle. Place the green tea bag in the kettle and then pour the hot water into the kettle. Let it rest for 5-10 minutes. Wait till it cools down, and then add few drops (5-10) of tea tree oil for acne and oily skin. Now pour the green tea toner into a fresh bottle and sprinkle the toner on your face to get brighter skin.
Green tea is not only beneficial to the skin but also benefits the hair. It is useful when added to the daily haircare regime and combined with products.
• Shampoo- Use the hair shampoo that contains green tea extract. Regular use of this shampoo aids in improving hair texture and hair growth.
• Conditioner- Green tea conditioner or masks are very beneficial to hair. Applying conditioner to hair shafts and tips reduce the split ends and increase hair growth. • Green tea and water- Boil the water and add the green tea bag to it. Use this infused water to wash your hair at the end of the hair wash. Green tea is an excellent source of antioxidants that help in removing the impurities.
Green tea is a good source of nutrients for skin and hair. Your daily skincare routine and beauty tips include the consumption of green tea because of its detoxifying nature. This drink has been a staple product in Japan and China for thousands of years for skin purification. Therefore, it holds many values and benefits that are important for a healthy body.