The festive season is on the door-step and with that, our worries about how to get dressed for the celebrations are on peak. India is a country of merriment and happiness. It won't be wrong to say that it is the land of festivals. The Indian calendar is full of celebrations and festivals. Trust us when we say an appropriate and apt outfit can add some extra joy to the celebrations.
Indian festive season not only brings merriment to our lives, along with that it also brings avant-garde fashion trends. Fashion and festivities in India go hand in hand. Any wardrobe malfunction can make things go wrong. But, do not feel left out as I Knock Fashion is here to help you out. Read on further to know the best styling tips for this festive season.
From lehengas and sherwanis to indo-western dresses, Indian ethnic wear has grown incredibly. Like every year, this year too, the Indian fashion designers are coming up with several new trends and styles. The royal and elegant trends of ethnic wear will surely lighten up your festivals.
With the perpetually evolving style, trends in Indian fashion for women are changing rapidly. Variant colors and styles are something that adds extra merriment to the festivals. From colors to different outfits, below is a list of the latest fashion trends of the year 2020 for women.
1. Cherrilicious In Red- From traditional to indo-western, red is a color that will rock them all. The color of traditions, the color of culture, once again, red is back in the latest fashion trends. It seems like the love for red is eternal. It is a color that makes you shine brighter. Whether you are wearing a saree or a Kurti, red will make you look perfectly dressed for any celebration.
2. Blouses In Focus- If you are seeking for an effortless fashion and want to slay any look, then wearing a designer blouse will work for you. Blouses with fringes and prints are going to trend this year. Blouses with the detailed ruffled sleeve can give a designer look to your otherwise plain outfit.
3. Elegant In Floral- Floral patterns always rule the ethnic wear, and this year too, floral designs are going to trend. Florals on georgette and chiffons will make you look and feel like a princess. Floral patterns on light shaded fabrics will make your outfit stand out of the crowd.
4. Dazzle In Metal- A splash of metallic in your outfit can do wonders for you this 2020. Not only in western wear but ethnic wear too metallic colors look magnificent. These colors will give you a boss-lady look.
5. Simple Yet Classy In Kurtis- No Indian Women Fashion can get complete without a Kurti. Fusioning a Kurti with some modern styles will give you a traditional yet contemporary look this festive season. Kurtis are versatile as you can pair them with palazzos, pants, and skirts.
When we think of fashion, sometimes men feel left out. But with the changing fashion industry, fashion for men is evolving too. The fashion landscape for ethnic men’s wear is perpetually changing. The latest fashion for men include-
1. Dhoti Pants- the old churidars are now being replaced by dhoti pants. Although dhotis have always been included in men’s ethnic wear, this 2020 modern style dhotis will add a style statement to your look. Pairing with a Kurti or a waistcoat, dhotis will make you stand out.
2. Pastel Passion- Most of you must have read about the pastel colors trend in Indian women fashion. Now, the pastels have entered the world of the latest fashion trends for men. Bright colors can at times, look too much whereas, pastels will add elegance and regalia to your look.
3. Royal in Jodhpuris- Jodhpuri suits are loved by numerous as it is both- modern and contemporary. With neat cuts and detailed embroidery, Jodhpuris can give you a royal look at every occasion.
4. Silk Kurta- Adding richness to your look, silk kurtas have always been trending in the latest fashion for men. These kurtas are simple yet elegant. A silk Kurta- paired with a printed ethnic jacket will ace the latest fashion trends.
5. White never goes Wrong- White is a color that will effortlessly look trendy and fashionable. You can pair white bottoms with bright colors like red or royal blue, and even with light colors like pink.
Indian festivals are all about joy and love. The celebrations can be lived to the fullest if you feel good and confident. Just adorning trendy clothes won't work for you. Accessories are a must. By accessories, we not only mean women accessories but also accessories for men.
Ethnic wear comes out to look their best when accessorized in the right way. Indian women's fashion always includes accessories to add extra glam. Glam up and get accessorized appropriately this festive season-
1. Chokers- A gorgeous choker can perfectly accessorize your outfit. When paired with an off-shoulder blouse or crop top, it can stand out. A choker worn with a plain blouse will amp up your look. Chokers can add royalty when adorned with a long necklace.
2. Beauty with Bangles- Bangles with pearls will add a modern look. It may sound old fashioned, but bangles still trend Indian Women fashion.
3. Charm with Clutch- Whether you want to look romantic, traditional, or contemporary, a clutch can ace it all. Embellished with pearls clutches will add a unique style to your outfit. A potli bag can also work wonders for your festive season outfit.
4. Jhumkis- This versatile accessory will work with every ethnic outfit. Large studded jhumkis will give you a perfect look.
5. Kundan Love- Kundan jewelry has always been trending in Indian women fashion, and this year is no exception. The traditional Kundanwork can ace every outfit, whether it is a saree or a Kurti.
Accessories are not only essential for women, but men can also elevate their ethnic wear with several accessories and jewels. Some of the men ethnic accessories that will trend this 2020 are-
1. Neckwear- Neckwear can accessorize men's traditional wear in a way that no other accessory can ever do. Collar chains, a simple scarf, or bolo ties can work best with ethnic wear. A simple outfit can look best with neckwear.
2. Pocket Squares- To elevate your ethnic look use a complementing pocket square. Pair your Nehru jacket, sherwani, or Jodhpuris to add a fashion statement to them. Printed pocket squares like polka-dotted or floral pocket squares can do wonders for you.
3. Steal with Stole- Stole may sound like an accessory for women, but the modern era has proved that stoles can elevate the ethnic look of men too. Wrapped around the neck, a stole, can be paired with sherwanis, Jodhpuris, kurtas, etc.
4. Brooches- Brooch will help you to customize your outfit. Brooch will help you to increase the royalty of your look. Studded and embellished with different pearls and stones brooches, will make your festive look rich.
Now that you have read about outfits and accessories, it's time to complete your outfit, by picking up the best footwear for your look. I Knock Fashion is here with all the latest fashion for men and women in footwear.
Ladies below is a list of footwear that will complete your look this festive season.
1. Juttis- Traditional yet modern, juttis can suit every outfit. High heels can sometimes hurt your feet but, by wearing juttis you can flaunt your look for hours. Colorful, embroidered, and embedded, the juttis type’s list is a long one.
2. Ankle Strap Heels- The anklet look of ankle strap heels will ace every ethnic outfit.
3. Ballerina Shoes- Flat ballerina shoes will add a style statement to your festive look. This comfortable footwear can be paired with every outfit.
4. Fabric Footwear- Matching fabric footwear can complement your outfit the best. Your festive outfit will elegantly ace with matching footwear.
5. High heels- High heels are versatile and can complement every outfit. Studded and embellished high heels can make your look marvelous.
Some of the footwear in the latest fashion for men are-
1. Kolhapuris- Colorful kolhapuris add a traditional touch to your indo-western outfit. You can pair handmade kolhapuris with kurtas too.
2. Leather Sandals- Leather sandals can be adorned, with both formals or ethnic wear. Criss-cross leather sandals are going to trend this year.
3. Closed toe sandals- Closed-toe sandals are acing the latest fashion for men. Ethnic yet contemporary this footwear is here to stay.
4. Loafers- To look classy this festive season, choose a pair of loafers with your outfit.
5. Mules- Leather mules for men will trend this festive season. Mules are often underrated, but this year they are going to trend.
So, with these styling tips and fashion trends, look your best this festive season. The above-mentioned trends will surely help you out for creating a fashion statement wherever you go. I Knock Fashion hopes that this blog will help you ace every look this festive season. Stay tuned for further fashion and beauty related updates.