Let’s have a look at what makes your skin healthy in winters using the best-suited products and some homemade remedies.
Winters are charming! Truly said as strong cold winds, freezing temperatures, and born fires make it more enjoyable. The breeziness of nights and joyful days, the contrast brings in more concern for beauty ideas for our skin. Seeing the other side of the winters, it shambles our skin if not taken care of properly.
Maintaining healthy skin with correct products is called skincare. It is inclusive of the best skin care treatments for winters, professional facials, a healthy balanced diet, and hydrating your skin are some of the best ways to have glowing skin in, especially winters. To stand out in the cold weather, one should adhere to a regular skincare regime.
Winter tides often make your skin dry and patchy, leaving no moisture in your skin. Longtime exposures to cold winds and indoor heat breeze result in irritation to the skin and sometimes makes it raw. That’s why it becomes more important to take care of the skin, look beautiful and healthy, and make your winters wonderful.
The longtime hot water showers, less drinking of water, and same summer skincare routine make our skin vulnerable to roughness and dryness. The best way to moisturize your skin is to use appropriate skin creams and traditional remedies that are rich in oils that prevent it from damaging. With the onset of colder weather, it becomes necessary to keep yourself hydrated and to use vital skincare products and beauty tips.
If you have no idea where to start, here are some beauty tips to make your skin healthy in winters.
1) Avoid hot water shower: It is always joyful of spending long hours in steams and hot water showers, but it dampens your skin by leaving no moisture and essential natural oils of the skin. Swap your hot water with Luke warm water and also limit your shower time to maintain a balance of the skin.
2) Keep yourself hydrated: When winters are around, keep yourself soaked with a maximum intake of water. It helps to maintain an adequate amount of moisture inside. Gentle cleansing of your face and moisturizing it immediately after the shower, makes your skin feel calm and glowing. Also, use your bath time to hydrate your body as it makes you feel relaxed and reduce your stress levels.
3) Prevent your lips from eczema: Dry lips is one of the winter problems. Exfoliate your lips with gentle and effective lip balms. Also, avoid licking your lips simultaneously because it will lead to lip eczema by removing all the moisture and leading to dryness and roughness of the lips.
4) Prevent your hands: Hands become very easily chapped during the winter season because of the continuous washing and not applying hand cream regularly. Maintain your hand care routine by using moisturized soaps like Dove, rich in milk content, and cream hand creams enriched with almonds, cocoa butter, and milk that helps to create a healthy barrier around the skin.
5) Try a foot peel: Cracked and damaged feet are the signs of an inappropriate skin care routine for the feet. As they very often become dry and cracked during the wintertime. Moisturize your feet with effective foot creams that heals up the cracks and dryness like Boro Plus, antiseptic cream to avoid damage. One can also exfoliate with Skin Republic Foot Peel, a chemical peel that brings out the desired results for feet.
6) CTM Routine: Winter CTM routine is very different from summers. One needs to ditch your summer routine to have glowing skin in winters. The simple process of Cleansing, Toning, and Moisturizing are some of the desired skincare processes that one needs to practice regularly.
Cleansing is the first step that helps to reduce all the dirt and germs from the face. With Cetaphil gentle cleanser or Lakme deep pore cleanser, massage your face gently for a minute and then rinse it off. Use mild soaps or face cleansers to keep it moisturized.
Toning is the second step that helps to remove the leftover of the cleanser and other impurities. Gently apply toner with a cotton swab after cleaning your face. Forest Essentials Panchpushp toner or Dabur Rose water perfectly hydrates your skin.
The next most essential part is moisturizing. The best ones are those which include ingredients like glycerin, jojoba oil, shea butter, and Vitamin E. Pick any moisturizer or face cream that has the ingredients which are important to rectify the damp skin. Gently apply face cream after toning and massage it for a few seconds for best results.
Also, do not forget to apply your winter sunscreen to maintain a sufficient PH balance as our skin is exposed to UV rays in winter as well.
Skincare regime is not only limited by considering beauty products and beauty tips but also maintain a healthy balanced diet. Diet plays a vital role in making your skin glowing and healthy. Winter diet must include an adequate amount of Vitamin C and E like Oranges, lemon, almonds, peanuts, spinach, and broccoli that provides natural oils to the body. Carrots, radish, cucumber, and beetroots are best to consume for the natural transformation of the skin during the dry months.
Sometimes homemade remedies also work best as skincare beauty idea, which is natural and pure. Some of them are very effective during harsh winters. Natural ingredients mixed with home ingredients works very well to maintain a healthy balance of the skin.
1) Milk cream and honey: Milk cream or malai is one of the best and well-moisturized ingredients to include in your daily face packs as it makes your skin feel soft. When mixed with honey as it helps to make your skin look clearer, free from bacteria that cause acne. Take one tablespoon each, mix them well, and gently apply for 10-15 minutes, and then rinse it off with lukewarm or normal water. The best way to make your skin feel moisturized using home ingredients.
2) Papaya and milk: Papaya splurged with lots of nutrients and minerals makes your skin supple. Papaya mixed with raw milk acts as a fully nourished pack as milk is a source of vitamin E, it helps to add moisture to the damped skin. Mash the papaya until you attain a puree texture and add milk. Then apply the face pack for a few minutes and gently rinse it off with water.
3) Banana-Milk pack: Another ingredient, Banana helps to get rid of the dead skin, and milk adds an ample amount of moisture to the skin and cleanses the skin. It helps to remove the dryness and patchiness of the skin. Take one mashed Banana, add 2-3 spoons of milk to it. Then apply all over the face and neck for 15-20 minutes. Afterward, wash it off with Luke warm water. It also helps to attain the natural glow of the face.
4) Cocoa butter and olive oil: Winters are the best time to nourish your skin with cocoa butter and olive oil. It helps to rehydrate your skin by adding a small piece of ginger as it helps to remove the dirt and impurities from the skin. Make a paste by adding one tablespoon each of cocoa butter, olive oil, and ginger paste. Leave it for 10-15 minutes and then rinse it off with Luke warm water.
There are plenty of beautiful ideas for maintaining nourished skin. Cold weather becomes tough to deal with when it comes to skincare. Low humid levels and cold winds drench out the moisture from the air, making it dry. Due to the sudden flip of the weather, our skin faces lots of problems like patchiness, irritation, eczema, and roughness that reduces the leveled amount of essential oils and nutrients. Treat your skin with the best products, healthy beauty tips, or home ingredients, and make it feel soft and healthy, and enjoy the winter-outdoor pleasures.